MENU

The Morse School Gets Renovated 1999

renovated_morse.jpgBetween June 1997 and December 1999, the Morse School was completely renovated and dramatically enlarged. The Design Partnership of Cambridge oversaw the project, seamlessly blending new construction into the 1957 design. The “new” Morse School featured a state-of-the-art computer network connecting all classrooms, a fully equipped science lab, a spacious library with $20,000 worth of new books, an ensemble room for music lessons, a versatile theater in which students and visiting artists could perform plays and concerts, spaces for both an after-school program and a preschool program, and beautiful sun-drenched classrooms.

All furnishings, from desks and chairs to lighting and plumbing fixtures, have been replaced, and the entire building is now handicapped accessible. The comprehensive overhaul of the structure ensures that the Morse School will provide a superior setting for educating Cambridge children into the future.

Learn More
The Original Morse School, 1891 - 1956
The Morse School, 1957 - 1997
Artwork Found Within the Walls for Morse School